Dove Knits

Thursday, May 08, 2008

To the winner go the spoils

As I've already mentioned recently, I've been entering alot of knitting blog contests lately. It's a fun way to find new blogs, and occasionally I even win something! Today, I figured I'd share my recent winnings with you.

First up, I got a very generous prize from Natalie at Keeping me in Stitches:



That's a generous six skeins of Elann's Pure Alpaca in Celery color. Since Natalie's contest was about making more environmentally-friendly lifestyle choices, she also sweetly sent along a bottle of green Method cleaner...and some chocolate!

Secondly, I won the runner-up prize in the Spring Goals contest at Skeins Her Way:



That's a skein of Blue Sky Dyed Cotton, a set of adorable little notecards, and lots of candy! And check out this presentation: how can you resist the springy green-and-pink color theme?

Finally, I got a whole bunch of yarn from Christy at Hissyknit:



Two skeins of soft and sunny Plymouth Fantasy Naturale, and a skein of Crystal Palace Yarns Maizy corn fiber yarn! Corn fiber! How cool is that?

Now to figure out what to do with all this lovely yarn!

(Erm...the candy's long gone...)

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

At 4:21 AM, Blogger Bonnie said...

Yarn and chocolate--what great prizes! Have fun planning projects for all your new yarns.

 
At 5:28 AM, Blogger Knitting it Out in an Urban Zoo said...

Thanks for entering my caption contest! Nice job on the red dye, wowee!!

 
At 6:48 AM, Blogger Rachel said...

Ooo, I'm jealous! I NEVER win stuff, lol! Glad you got so many nice things, though!

 
At 11:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh! Lucky you!

 
At 4:48 AM, Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

You have been WORKING IT!!;)

 
At 4:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so interested in your topsy turvey doll. Of the ones I've seen yours is the best. The pattern seems difficult to get--not really available through the usual sources. I may try to copy it from the photo, but again, yours is absolutely beautiful.

 
At 8:12 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

What? The candy's gone already? I can't believe it. :)

 
At 11:10 AM, Blogger craftivore said...

Wow, I always miss the contests. Those are some great prizes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home