Dove Knits

Thursday, February 07, 2008

Monochrome



Nono, don't click away from this site! You're on the right blog!

(Provided, of course, that you're looking for Dove Knits. If you're looking for stamp collecting blogs, this is, indeed, the wrong blog.)

I know what you're thinking -- Dove doesn't DO monochrome. In fact, I don't generally do any color that isn't loud vibrant. And here I am with black? What gives?

Well, it turns out that my dad's feet get cold at home, so I was asked to knit a pair of warm house socks for him.

Now, my dad, unlike my husband, is very, erm, traditional in his color choices. He goes for black, navy, gray, dark brown, and beige, mostly. Sometimes a deep burgundy, if he's feeling adventurous.

So basically, nothing from my stash was going to work, and the rule of not buying any more yarn had to be broken. Off to Joann's I went to get some Classic Merino -- and black just made the most sense. The remnants of my gift certificate and the sale on Classic Merino made these socks free, and we like free.

The pattern, of course, is Thuja, a very elegant pattern that's perfect for my dad. On size 5 needles, I finished the pair in two nights.

Photographed here on Dad's Russian newspaper. I hope he likes them.

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 6:11 AM, Blogger Bonnie said...

They look great! I'm sure your dad will love them.

i can't believe you knit them in only two nights. That's speedy!

 
At 9:59 AM, Blogger Philigry said...

love the socks! i bet your dad will love them. I have to say too that i love that merino wool from joanne's. it is so adordable and still a nice yarn.

 
At 11:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love those! And damn, you're fast...

 
At 11:59 AM, Blogger Susan Pandorf said...

Those are very nice "Dad" socks...

After all, he wouldn't want bunnies, right?

 
At 8:55 AM, Blogger Natalie Rush said...

Thank you for stopping by and sharing your story on my contest. I would LOVE to see pictures of that. That is genius. I don't think special K would go along with that but oh well. Hope you are having a wonderful weekend. Thank you

 
At 10:24 AM, Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Yo Missy, just look at how many people have queued your Zebra Sweater in the last day or two, you're a knitting celebrity!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home