Dove Knits

Monday, November 05, 2007

The feeding habits of lions

I'm used to seeing all kinds of small wildlife in my backyard. Rabbits. Birds. Rats. An occasional neighbor.

But this morning, I spotted something rather unusual: A lion! Devouring a plastic zebra, no less!



Wait, if I stand very still, maybe it won't notice me...

Aw, crap. It saw me. Too late.



"ROOOAAAARRRR!!! Can't a lion have breakfast without being disturbed?"



Thankfully, this lion seemed to prefer plastic to human, so I was left unharmed, if a little miffed at this rather rude treatment:



(Pattern from Kath Dalmeny's World of Knitted Toys;" Caron Simply Soft on size 2 needles. A bit disappointing in its awkwardness, but I like him anyway. He was supposed to be a Christmas present for the Husband, but I decided to finish early and give it to him last Thursday. Because he defended his thesis dissertation!!!)

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

At 2:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

*laugh* How cute!

Yay! for the hubby. That's gotta be nerve wracking.

 
At 6:46 PM, Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Hilarious, and cute!!

 
At 1:05 PM, Blogger Heather said...

That's just too funny! As always, your toys are fabulous. Great job!

 
At 7:56 AM, Blogger Sourire11 said...

Very funny and adorable!

 
At 2:06 PM, Blogger Family W said...

You're funny.... and I love your lion! I think it turned out adorably well. :) Also, I finally finished my baby hat and posted a couple of pics if you want to hop on over and check it out when you have a minute. :)

 
At 3:46 PM, Blogger z's momma said...

That's an awesome lion.

Best of luck to your husband.

 
At 7:20 PM, Blogger Anny said...

Phew! Glad you lived to tell the tale ;0)

And go, husband, go!!!

 
At 5:52 AM, Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

Hahaha, how CUTE!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home