Dove Knits

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Three times as strong as the rope that you buy domestically

I got hemp yarn:



Isn't it purdy? It's Hemp for Knitting's allhemp3.

Unfortunately, it has to go back. It's not pure white, which is what my mom wanted for her jacket. And thinking about it, I think it's a bit too rustic for Mom's tastes, anyway. Maybe I'll keep a skein to play around with, but the rest are going back (there are 11).

Instead, I think I'll order some Elann.com Lara (a sportsweight, mercerized cotton) for my mom's jacket. The weight and color are right, and it's inexpensive. I'd still love to do bamboo or soysilk, but I just can't afford it right now, esp. if Mom ends up not being crazy about it. I know she likes cotton, so I don't think I can go wrong with that...

Kudos to Kpixie, though. I ordered this yarn at around noon last Saturday. An hour later, it was shipped to me, and it came this morning! How's that for awesome service?

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At 11:02 AM, Blogger Veronica said...

That looks lovely, and nothing like rope. Shame it won't work for what you want.

I keep wanting to try hemp when I remember that cotton and linen hurt to knit... bummer.

 
At 11:38 AM, Blogger erasmus (aka jiva) said...

wow! how much did it cost, because that would be fantastic for something special...

 
At 11:59 AM, Blogger erasmus (aka jiva) said...

sorry to post twice, you could bleach it? if you used some ecological laundry bleach maybe

 
At 12:01 PM, Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Yes, Kpixie rules, love them...bummer about the color!

 
At 12:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww, this would have been an awesome yarn, but if it's not the correct color, then there's no use in keeping it. The Elann-one you decided for seems to be the perfect one though, looking forward to seeing it!

 
At 10:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read your title and I have to say ... Yay for Dar Williams!
Somehow, it's not what I expected to see on a knitting site ...

 
At 12:15 PM, Blogger Dove Knits said...

Thank God someone got the Dar Williams reference!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home