Dove Knits

Friday, July 13, 2007

Babbling

No pictures today, just writing out what I need/want to make by Christmas.

For me:

1. Finish Lucky.

2. Finish the Mystery Stole (third clue out today! Eeee!).

3. Finish the Circle Cardi.

For others:

1. My mom wants a lacy summer jacket/shrug-type thing. She's pretty specific with what she wants -- not too short; lacy, but not too open; comes together at the front, even if it doesn't button; three-quarter sleeves; WHITE; not wool or synthetic. I was thinking of designing this myself in crochet, and of using a yarn I've never tried before. I'm deciding between bamboo, soy silk, and hemp. Hemp is the most affordable of these options, so, given that this will be crocheted, I might need to resort to that. Plus I know hemp will be cool and durable, whereas I'm not sure about bamboo or soysilk.

2. I want to make the Jean Greenhowe nativity (you can view it by flipping through the 28-Page Christmas Special book over here) for my in-laws and/or for my husband's grandparents. I should get started now and make a toy a week or something.

3. My in-laws just got new living room furniture, and I'd like to make them a throw to go with it.

4. My brother-in-law just moved into his first grown-up apartment, and I think he'd like a throw, too!

But two throws might be a bit overly ambitious at this point, given how little time I have to knit these days. Ah well. My projects can *sniff* wait.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 7:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, you sure have a lot of work coming up to you - but you'll make it, I'm sure about that!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home