Dove Knits

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Summer knitting goals

So, there's apparently a fabulous knitting contest thrown by Skeins Her Way. You know that cute tank you see in all the advertisements for Blue Sky Alpaca? Well, she designed it. Yeah.

(By the way, it's kinda a long story of how I heard about this. I found out about the contest from Lolita Blahnik's blog. And the way I found out about HER blog is by using Google Analytics, which is a free service that tracks traffic to your site. It records where people are coming from. Try it, you'll be surprised how many hits your blog gets! I get about 60-100 visitors per day, mostly from Knitting Pattern Central, where I posted my free patterns (see sidebar). Anyway, Lolita Blahnik apparently found my Cold Shoulder capelet. So, yeah, anyway, that's the story of that.)

So, here are my summer goals. I'm a bit boring, so many of them are just finishing old stuff:

1. Finish my lovely, delicious Rona Lace Shawl. It just screams summer.

2. Finish that circle cardigan I've had on the needles for a year now.

3. Finally make that original pattern I intended to publish in Knitty, and try to get it in SOMEWHERE.

4. Start (and maybe finish!) a new sweater for myself. That's a bit vague, but I'm just still undecided about what to make first.

There. Modest, but I'm busy, since I'm starting my last (I hope) year of grad school!

So, go post yours!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 8:16 AM, Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Oh my gosh I loved your entry on my blog!!! Very captivating story, so glad it had a happy outcome!

 
At 10:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks a zillion for the link to Google Analytics - this sounds highly interesting indeed! Will have to try that out right now!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home