Dove Knits

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Cinderella, dressed in yella...

"I am so unhappy! I am sick of housework!"



"My skirt is so old and worn, I had to patch it. And the patches don't even match!"



"My beauty routine consists of putting my hair in pigtails. Really, people, PIGTAILS?"



"The only nice thing is my cool laced corset..."



"AGGHHH! I'm morphing! AAAGGGHHHHH!!!"



"Ahhh, that's much better, and I am much happier! Look at my lovely dress!"



"Even my hair is done up gorgeously!"



"And the roses trimming my dress all match perfectly! But they had to be knitted and sewn on one by friggin one..."



"Ooooh, look, the prince has noticed me and smiled! Off I go to perpetuate the stereotype that no woman is happy without a man!"

(Jean Greenhowe's topsy-turvy Cinderella, from the 28-page Christmas special. Various acrylics, mostly Caron Simply Soft and Bernat Satin. Took longer to finish than to actually knit, but was great fun. The dressy side will eventually have a bag, and the patched side will have a bucket. More projects eventually coming up.)

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

At 2:06 PM, Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

Oh that is so cute! I might even have that book. I have a LOT of Greenhowe's books ... and can't wait to start some of the projects in them. (Started a Duck family) Your Cindy is beautiful & I can see there's lots of work to it. Precious!!

 
At 6:23 AM, Blogger Sourire11 said...

Cute! I love her hairstyles!!!

 
At 11:31 AM, Blogger Kary said...

How cute!! She is SO fun! Great job!

 
At 12:19 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

wow that's amazing! I would not have had the patience for all those roses - good for you!

 
At 11:10 PM, Blogger morgan said...

that is genius. gah.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home