Dove Knits

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Oh, Hedera! And my bookshelf.

Because I really should post more pictures, here is a Hedera sock.



Its mate is an evening away from completion.

These socks are....eh. I'm not loving them. I like the lace pattern, but for some reason -- maybe the roughness of Essential yarn -- I'm just not digging them. They also look REALLY weird not worn. The foot is oddly short. I do like them worn, though. And even though Essential isn't the greatest joy to work with, it is a sturdy yarn, and my feet can't tell the difference. I'm also really excited about new Essential colors -- I love bright colors!

In other news, I'm sure y'all wanna know what books I got for my birthday!

From my brother (these are all in Russian, by the way):

  • Emma King, 25 Bags to Knit
  • . My first knitted bag book, and I'm excited about some of these purses.
  • Fiona McTague, Knitted Toys
  • . Very cute toys in here!
  • A nifty Russian mitten book. These mittens are gorgeous, y'all. I've gotta make me some...it's been a while since I've made mittens.


  • From my husband:

  • Zoe Mellor, Adorable Knits for Tots
  • . I have been lusting after this book for a year. It has the cutest baby/toddler clothes! And I have no shortage of babies to knit for -- I owe at least 5 babies/toddlers presents.

  • Stephanie Pearl-McPhee, At Knit's End
  • . I love this book!

    One of these days I'm gonna post all of my knitting books. Speaking of, I need a new bookcase -- Russell and I have entirely too many books. Right now they're living in piles. Any suggestions? We want cheap but pretty sturdy.

    And to wrap up, here is the recepient of all those toys and baby sweaters -- my beautiul niece. (In this picture, she had stuffed a whole cookie in her mouth.) She is almost one, and in November, she will be a big sister. I told you I have no shortage of babies! (Three friends and countless acquaintences are expecting, too!)

    Labels: , ,

    4 Comments:

    At 11:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I think the sock looks great. Might I just say I love the color. I may have to try that pattern. Thanks for making my to do list even longer.

     
    At 1:46 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

    I really like your sock, the lace looks very stunning - great job!

     
    At 4:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Love the sock! I've just decided to frog out a sock and use the yarn to make a different sort of sock. It's been a while since I did any socks to begin with! I should finish the one pair that has been on needles since... um.... 1999? (oops.)

     
    At 1:16 PM, Blogger Pizza Cutter said...

    Cute baby! You need to knit something for her.

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home