Dove Knits

Sunday, July 16, 2006

I know, I say this every time...

...but these are my favorite socks so far.



I decided to hold off on finishing the circle cardi until I order more yarn, so I started a sock!



It's in Knitpicks Sock Garden, Daffodil, following a pattern from Sensational Knitted Socks. I think the stitch pattern is called Chevron, and it has a forethought heel and regular toe, and I used size 1 needles.

I cast on a second sock, but not its mate -- rather, I now have a Hedera on the needles, because darn it, I CAN.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 5:21 PM, Blogger Veronica said...

Oooh!! Usually I have been kind of disappointed with the way Sock Garden comes out, but that looks awesome. Yay!

 
At 7:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really want to try that heel but I'm a scaredy cat. Was it difficult? The sock looks great.

 
At 9:36 PM, Blogger Dove Knits said...

Twig -- VERY easy. It's exactly like shaping the toe...except part of your stitches is on a holder.

 
At 6:38 AM, Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

Ooohh, I've got that book ... so I have got to try that pattern. Just as soon as I finish the ones on the needles right now. It looks like a really nice fit!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home