Dove Knits

Friday, May 12, 2006

Guess what I finally finished!

Why, it's the striped baby sweater! Here it is in all its stripey, sweatery glory!



Pattern: Last-Minute Pullover from KnitPicks
Yarn: KnitPicks Simple Stripes in Autumn. I used a little over two skeins.
Start date: December 2005
Completion date: May 12 (12:30 am), 2006

It's not a particularly cutesy sweater, what with the colorway and all, so it needed cheesy cutesy plastic heart buttons!



I love buttons. The cheesier, the better.

I also need a digital camera that doesn't suck, but that's a diferent story.

Let's see, so yeah, last night I convinced myself to put down the Jaywalker and sew up the sweater. Until last night, I had one sleeve set in and seamed up to the armpit. Last night, I set in the other sleeve, sewed up the side seams, picked up and knit the neckband (which I changed to be ribbed, because the stockinette neckband just didn't go with the rest of the sweater), and sewed in buttons. There are tons of little yarn ends sticking out on the reverse side where I wove them in and trimmed them.

In my haste to sew everything up, I sewed the button hole band under the button band and had to snip the yarn and resew it.

I also forgot that I like seaming. It was fun. The finishing took a while, though, and I was up way too late.

And here is the interrupted Jaywalker, in KnitPicks Sock Memories, Grandma colorway:



I must admit, I didn't even look twice at Jaywalkers when it first was published. I didn't even notice the zigzag pattern due to weird contrast of my monitor, and so couldn't understand why suddenly EVERYONE wanted to make a pair of Jaywalkers. Then I saw someone's pair that were a deep orange and yellow and the zigzagging was very obvious, and I was in love. Now I understand. I love how this yarn makes the zigzags look so crisp, and of course I love the colors themselves. Plus, it's merino. Love. LOVE.

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 11:22 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

wow, that sweater looks great! I love how the self-striping yarn works. thanks for leaving me blog comments!

 
At 1:51 PM, Blogger Veronica said...

Your sweater is lovely, and you've just been speeding along on the Jaywalkers! Wow!

I have to start some soon... one of these days!

 
At 2:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The sweater is so cute! It looks great with that yarn.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home